|Version 122 (modified by Heinervdm, 2 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to the SHR Project
What is SHR ?
SHR is a GNU/Linux based operating system for smartphones and similar mobile devices. It integrates various Free and Open Source Software projects into a versatile platform - flexible enough to run on a vast selection of mobile hardware such as the Freerunner Phone, Nokia N900, Palm Pre(and variants), T-Mobile G1, HTC HD2, iPhone 3Gs and more. SHR is based on OpenEmbedded and uses GNU/Linux at its core. It integrates the freesmartphone.org framework for telephony, networking, etc. and a user friendly garphical interface for phone calls, messaging and pim, based on Enlightenment libraries. A growing amount of available applications offers SHR users with web browsers, microblogging clients, games and everything else expected on a smartphone platform.
What makes SHR so special ?
SHR is 100% community driven and based on Free and Open Source Software. This empowers everybody to realize their innovations or add support for new hardware - without asking some CEO or strategy manager first!
How can I try SHR on my device ?
The install instruction page ? provides you with everything needed to test SHR on supported devices ! We are looking forward to your feedback.
Important: Please read the bug reporting guidelines before submitting a new bug. Thanks!
- Weekly News -- See what is happening in the community
- Pictures and Videos -- A preview of how SHR looks like on several devices
- Installation? -- Instructions on how to install SHR on supported devices
- Contact -- Get in touch with other users and developers in order to provide feedback and contribute
- Image content and features -- List of main applications available in SHR
- The SHR User Manual on OpenMoko wiki
- SHR User Manual -- A new manual, based on DocBook
Advanced users resources
- Customize your image -- Tricks and tips to customize your SHR
- Tweaks -- More advanced tweaks to improve your SHR
- Bug-report -- How to report a bug
- Languages and i18n -- How to change the system language
- new-opimd -- Convert your contacts to a new format
- SMS from SIM? -- A script to import your messages form SIM
Hardware specific resources
- Communicate and Contribute -- How to get in contact with other users and developers and join the processes
- Guidelines -- Important
- Building SHR -- Introduction to SHR development - How to get the SDK and build your own image
- Building SHR User Manual -- Introduction how to build the DocBook based manual
- Developing your own applications -- Beginners guide, with Hello World examples in Vala
- Add my app in the repositories How to add your programs into the official SHR packaging repositories
- SHR applications -- List of applications which are designed for SHR by SHR's contributors
- SHR architecture -- How has SHR been designed
- Coding Conventions -- Page that collect main conventions when you want to code in SHR
- Translate applications -- Document that describe how to translate an SHR application into different languages
- FSOSHRUDCON'09 a.k.a. "Why did you decide on such an unpronounceable and long freaking name?"
- SHR logo contest (finished)
- Theme contest for SHR distribution
- Help with designing the phone user interface!
- New skin for our trac
- Development Process -- Documents and plans about SHR development process
- Dev-updates? - Follow the progress of the developers, for the developers and written by the developers
- Programs that wait for YOU!
- SHR Settings - Come on and give your thoughts
- ologicd - Come on and give your thoughts
- ophonekitd - Ophonekitd Vala rewrite
- Release notes - Drafting the MS1 release notes
- How to get the latest image working --