|Version 60 (modified by pespin, 2 years ago) (diff)|
Users and Developers are welcome to add any kind of news related to SHR or whatever can be of interest to their communitiy. The most important bits will be used to write a blog entry in a (I hope) weekly basis with the aim of showing the distro progress to both people in the community and potential new devs and users.
Please, feel free to correct lines written by others if you think information is wrong or you can give better description with more details.
- After our new internal PPP stack now finally works on the Palm Pre device morphis started to write a plugin for connman
- Plugins splited into different packages in OE, so people won't get parts which are not necessary for their devices.
- SHR: Palm Pre
- Switched to mplayer 1.0rc2 as newer version causes the device to freeze
- iPhone3G (by Lopi)
- You can find the latest screenshots of SHR on the iPhone3G running Elfe here: http://bit.ly/fTFXqx
- Backlight and basic power management functionality has been added. For example, the LCD screen can now turn off.
- Fixed a bunch of cosmetic issues. For example, status bar buttons overlapped and illume-keyboard was scaled off the screen.
- Battery icon in the status bar now shows when the device is charging. However, the battery level only shows up properly in illume settings.
- WIP: Lock screen should be implemented soon. It's currently using the wrong lock screen that requires a password. GNUtoo explained how to fix this.
- WIP: Basic baseband functionality is in the works. Lopi is currently extending the modem_singleline plugin in fsogsmd. You can find the initial work done here: http://pastie.org/private/baipfekwj56fr4yvcvn95a
- WIP: Need to enable devtmpfs in the kernel to fix the extremely slow boot times.
- WIP: Fix the battery indicator in the status bar to properly display the battery's charge.
- Palm Pre
- morphis and mickeyl started working on getting PPP running with the new internal PPP stack in fsogsmd
- PPP with fsogsmd now finally works on the Pre devices!
- msmcommd now includes support for Call Forwarding
- UI Updates
- New fsoaudio daemon for audio management with FSO (morphis)
- Currently only audio routing funtionality: supports palmpre and all other alsa using machines
- will be used in libphone-ui in the near future
- Different audio streams (media, alerts, alarms, notifications, ...) will be available for applications in the future
- HTC HD2 (htcleo) support is being added in SHR
- WiFi? on Palm Pre is now integrated into SHR and can be used with liwi and other wireless tools
- Devices section in wiki has been cleaned up a bit and now should have a better structure.
- Make illume-indicator (illume-top-bar) size configurable on a device basis (Slyon)
- Add configuration for Palm Pre
- Forwarding the nokia n900 modem now works( PaulFertser? , GNUtoo)
- Idle_Screen detects the screensize and scales nicely to smaller screens (HVGA) like the Palm Pre (Slyon)
- Some htc dream Improvements (by GNUtoo):
- Improved gtkrc's font size
- Improved illume environment's finger size
- removal of the useless udev in the newer images since the htcdream already used devtmpfs
- Some bug fixing was done:
- accelges is now working again (by elisa42, and GNUtoo|Laptop)
- Bug in Shr-settings has been fixed. After changing the timezone the new one will be displayed right away. (thx to peter)
- Contacts list now supports multiple selection of contacts (by Rui)
- press and hold for a while to do more actions on the selections (edit, unselect, delete)
- when you have only one contact selected, you can call, send sms, edit, unselect and delete
- when you have more than one contact selected, you can unselect all or delete (in the future, you will be able to send sms as well).
- mrmoku, elisa42, and GNUtoo|Laptop (all are irc nicknames in #openmoko-cdevel on Freenode )are fixing long-standing SHR bugs
- some (not scientifically measured) speedup should come soon to the freerunner (by GNUtoo)
- Mickey Lauer is rewriting the N900 modem handling part, with more parts beeing in vala.
- SHR testing: RC3 is out: It has the new stable EFL version 1.0.0 and newer kernel 18.104.22.168.
- bigger shr_elm_softkey buttons, with a new down arrow button which takes you to a window list (by Rui).
- captainigloo is writting a great replacement for illume-home module. (video of old version = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jcrSqCiNGo )
- chroot in makefile.
- enjoy has now basic fso support. it will register CPU resource automatically. (by pespin)
- phoneui supports now enabling sms receipts (sms delivery reports). (by mrmoku)
- Development for VOIP support has been started using sflphone.
- EFL upgraded to 1.0
- added basic sms support to libmsmcomm
- WiFi? is now working for a longer time when not tranfering big files
- Initial steps torwards bluetooth support are initialized (plugin for fsodeviced)
- US "extended" keyboard is now activated by default in xorg.conf, if you want DE, or IT adjust your xorg.conf
- a new rebase branch was pushed by GNUtoo that has all the 2.6.37 patches on top of it, but has alsa issues that need to be solved.
- gdbus migration done.
- added a switch to change fso alsa scenarios manually
- dual boot (webOS/SHR) for palm pre (by Slyon).
- fso-installer quite completed. (by GarthPS)
- wifi is now working
- libmsmcomm has ben rewritten using Vala.
- phonebook handling for palm pre in fso now works (by morphis).
- libisi is being rewritten to vala.
- n900 patches are beeing rebased on top of the omap PM branch(by GNUtoo and mrmoku)
Nexus One(by GNUtoo):
- an alsa driver(which is very buggy(buffer underruns)) now exist here
Note that the nexus one is not even in openembedded(it lacks an hardware keyboard, but has NMEA(gps libraries are FLOSS),AT-commands,WEXT wifi etc...)
Htc Dream(by GNUtoo):
Not a lot of progress were done:
- splash screen finally made it into openembedded
- Wifi still has no PSM despite of trying again
- extended keyboard was upstreamed and is now in openembedded,but not yet activated in xorg.conf
- linux-next can boot on htc dream, but then you have no way of controlling the phone(no input and no usbnet)
- New project for GNU/linux X11 distro (using SHR atm). http://www.projectix.org/ (by Lopi)
- Basic support for the Iphone3g is in openembedded