Ticket #854 (new enhancement)
Remove unintended sleep while upgrading - and possibly pave the way for Ksplice use
|Reported by:||glennmh||Owned by:||ainulindale|
|Keywords:||upgrade, powersave conflict||Cc:||glennmh,|
The purpose of this suggestion is tofold; remove unintended sleep while upgrading - and possibly pave the way for Ksplice use.
Divide packages start sequence in:
- Runlevel 3: Network (USB, Wifi, CPU, Screen) Mokonnect or other wifi/USB management must still be usable at this level.
- Runlevel 4: FSO middleware
- Runlevel 5: GSM/GPRS, SMS and other processes that needs/depends on FSO middleware.
Going below runlevel 4 simply disables FSO powersave so the phone, USB and wifi can not go to sleep.
And going to runlevel 4 enables FSO powersave.
Opkg upgrade "script" to make ksplice possible or counteract unintended sleep while upgrading:
- Check if battery are at least 66% charged - OR at least 33% charged and being powered via USB else exit.
- If GPRS is active internet connection do simulated upgrade that result in all needed packages being downloaded (if enough (swap-)space).
- Upgrade packages that can be upgraded, without "breaking" processes and services on level 5 and lower.
- If more packages; Enter runlevel 4; Upgrade packages that can be upgraded, without "breaking" processes and services on level 4 and lower.
- If more packages; Enter runlevel 3; Upgrade the rest.
- Enter runlevel 5.