Ticket #58 (closed defect: fixed)

Opened 6 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

Multilanguage (non english) support in contacts and messages

Reported by: tasn Owned by: quickdev
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: libframeworkd-phonegui-efl Version:
Keywords: Cc:

Description

I can't type in languages other than english in contacts/messages although i have installed keyboards that support those languages. The other lanaguages work in gtk based apps such as pidgin and minimo, haven't tested on other etk ones. (except for the illume keyboard that displays them correctly)
Plus, i haven't yet checked incoming messages in other languages.
It's not a framework issue because fso now supports unicode.

Attachments

ecore_x_event_mapping_notify.patch Download (602 bytes) - added by Kareema 6 years ago.

Change History

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by ainulindale

  • Milestone MS1 deleted

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by ainulindale

  • Milestone set to MS1

Hmpf, misread the issue :-)

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by ainulindale

Could you precise your issue here?
Is it that you can't select the keyboard, or that selecting the keyboard and typing a non ascii character fails?

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by Narmo

Incoming messages in other languages work good (I've tested them in Russian). I have the same problem with non-ASCII characters. I've installed russian keyboard. I can choose it, it works in terminal. But in messages it doesn't work.

When I was using Om2008.9 there was no such problem. I had the same keyboard installed and worked perfectly.

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by tasn

I'm selecting the keyboard and typing non ascii chars shows nothing, of course it does work with gtk based apps. btw, ASCII is the past, unicode is the present...
The problem is that the applications do not show (accept?) unicode charecters.
Hope I'm clear enough ;]

comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by ainulindale

  • Owner changed from ainulindale to quickdev
  • Status changed from new to assigned
  • Component changed from openmoko-contacts3 to libframeworkd-phonegui-efl

comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by quickdev

We need to bump up EFL_SRCREV. At least to 380008.
See:  http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/changeset/38008/trunk/ecore/src/lib/ecore_x

comment:8 Changed 6 years ago by ainulindale

  • Status changed from assigned to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

comment:9 Changed 6 years ago by Kareema

Ticket should be reopened because the problem still exists in latest image (openmoko-shr-image-glibc-ipk--20090209-om-gta02.rootfs.tar.gz).
Description: Typing umlauts with illume keyboard doesn't show the typed in character in openmoko-contacts3 and openmoko-messages3. The same works perfectly in gtk apps.

comment:10 Changed 6 years ago by mrmoku

  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Resolution fixed deleted

Changed 6 years ago by Kareema

comment:11 Changed 6 years ago by Kareema

I added the patch by Olof Sjöbergh from the mailing list in case someone wants to include the patch before Rasterman does it...

comment:12 Changed 5 years ago by TAsn

Hey, the patch is not up to date, there's another change in e svn.
Should only bump the version in the bb, that's all the fix needed.
this bug should be merged with #374 which includes this one and suggests solutions.

comment:13 Changed 5 years ago by ainulindale

  • Status changed from reopened to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

Fixed.
It's necessary to install libx11-locale and localedef.

comment:14 Changed 5 years ago by Beini

  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Resolution fixed deleted

I'm experiencing this problem again in latest unstable

comment:15 Changed 5 years ago by TAsn

Do you have a keyboard? What's your locale?
(Just read the comments and tell us the info we asked there)

comment:16 Changed 5 years ago by Beini

Oh, crap. I had installed eglibc-locale-fi, as mentioned in i18n page, but I guess that was not enough to get the correct locale.

I needed to install eglibc-binary-localedata-fi-fi and after that setting fi_FI.UTF-8 to /etc/profile worked. I can now confirm that I can input umlauts correctly.

So sorry, this can be closed again :). Maybe the i18n page needs some changes

comment:17 Changed 5 years ago by Heinervdm

  • Status changed from reopened to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

comment:18 Changed 3 years ago by morphis

  • Milestone MS1 deleted

Milestone MS1 deleted

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.